Blood, Sweat and Tears, under the auspices of the State Department, left US today on the first tour by a rock group to the Eastern European countries (the trip is a favour for the US governement, which issues David Clayton-Thomas a green card in return). The 26-day, 11-concert tour included Zagreb, Sarajevo, Belgrade and Ljubljana in Socijalistička Federativna Republika Jugoslavija; Constanța, București and Ploiești in România; and Warsaw and Poznań in Rzeczpospolita Polska. The concert in Ploiești, România, was performed on behalf of the ‘Românian Flood Relief’. Blood, Sweat and Tears has waived all fees for the tour, which was filmed by National General Television Productions for TV and possibly motion picture release that actually finally didn’t happen. The group travel to Europe with their own equipment, especially designed to handle D.C. current. All accommodations and food was paid by the governments of the respective countries in local currency, with the State Department backing this in dollars. According to Larry Goldblatt, BS&T’s then manager, the purpose of the trip was to show the Eastern Europeans what American youth is thinking and doing about their situation. There was also a chance that recording an album of the concerts was possibile but actually finally didn’t happen.
March 15, 2016
BLOOD SWEAT and TEARS Zagreb, YUGOSLAVIA, june 1970
Blogging about music, YUGOSLAVIA, archiecture, old gramophones, recordings and other stuff like LPs, Lps, cassettes, VHS all about former great YUGOSLAVIA View all posts by aktivista
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 at 3:30 pm and tagged with Zagreb and posted in Bllod Sweat and Tears. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Comments are disabled.
JUGOSVIRKE – JUGOCONCERTSAt the times of YUGOSLAVIA many groups, orchestras and artists were having gigs there. These concerts were at that time among very few for these parts of the world, because YUGOSLAVIA was surrounded by heavy communist countries. Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Albania were under SOVIET domain. That was the golden time for YUGOSLAV recording companies such as PGP, YUGOTON,YUGODISK, DISKOS or SUZY. This blog is dedicated to those times of great YUGOSLAVIA and all the concerts that occured then!
e-mail da se javite ponekad i zahvalite za sve firstname.lastname@example.org
Izvodjači – Performers
GRADOVI – GIG cities
SVE POTREBNO ZA RAD BLOGA
STRANE – PAGES OF THIS BLOG
- BEOGRADSKI JAZZ FESTIVAL Istorijat
- Festival DUBROVNIK
- HEAVY METAL OPEN AIR festival Zagreb 1982
- Hronologija – Chronology
- Live in YUGOSLAVIA
- LJUBLJANSKI JAZZ FESTIVAL
- My VIDEO canal
- PABLO PICASSO Beograd 1967
- The First ever transmission of a music concert over telephone in Serbia in 1895
- VLADIMIR VISOTSKY in YUGOSLAVIA 1976
- YUGOSLAV LIVE ROCK albums
- YUGOSLAVIA and Eurovision
- YUGOSLAVIA bootleged
- Zašto nikad nisu održani koncerti nekih velikih grupa u Beogradu?
Vaši dolasci ovde - Your visits here
- 185,062 dolazaka - visits
Jedan sasvim novi sajt o svemu i svačemu
JUGOZVUK – The sounds of YUGOSLAVIA
Kasete nisu za bacanje
RANG – PAGE RANK
NAJDRAŽI POSTOVI – TOP POSTS
- IRON MAIDEN u Beogradu 1981 - First Yugoslav tour of a famous band
- Live in YUGOSLAVIA
- IRON MAIDEN Beograd 1984 - Čuveni bend drugi put u JUGOSLAVIJI
- THE ROLLING STONES u Jugoslaviji 1976 - Stones are rolling to Zagreb YUGOSLAVIA in two days
- QUEEN Live in Zagreb, YUGOSLAVIA - QUEEN u Jugoslaviji februara 1979. godine
- SAXON live in Belgrade 1983, 18-og marta - SAXON rasturio Jugu
- STATUS QUO Beograd 1986, Hala Pionir - Second tour in YUGOSLAVIA
- DAVID BOWIE Zagreb 1990
ŠTA ĆETE OVDE A?
KAKO VAM SE SVIDJA OVAJ BLESAVI BLOG? Do you like this famous blog?
Izvor informacija za ovaj blog
Izvor informacija o prethodnom životu u prvoj JUGOSLAVIJI
REČNIK DŽEZA puno podataka o nama
NOVA KNJIGA SA GOMILOM PODATAKA